Discover Pine Straw Mulch
The Most Natural and Sustainable Choice
Longleaf Pine Straw Mulch
The most ecologically sustainable mulch available
Reestablishing the breadth of the longleaf pine tree ecosystems will benefit our planet by improving climate resilience and ecosystem vitality. Using longleaf pine straw creates a positive demand for the planting of more longleaf pine trees. Through our partnership with the Longleaf Alliance, additional trees are planted which creates further sustainability.
Benefits of Pine Straw Mulch
- Natural weed deterrent
- Adds a unique texture to any landscape design
- A natural product for trees and plants that is high in nitrogen and gradually decomposes into a fertilizer
- An environmental, conservation & ecology-minded mulch
- Insulates tender roots from temperature extremes
- Conserves soil moisture by reducing water evaporation rates and moisture loss
- Encourages water infiltration into the soil and reduces runoff
- Eliminates erosion impact caused by wind and rain
- Keeps some vegetables from forming mildew, mold, and rot
- Adheres well to slopes and does not wash away as easily as other mulches during heavy rain
- Does not have to be removed before new application
- Fresh straw can be placed atop old straw to revitalize color
- Preferred by landscapers and homeowners because bales are easier to work with than hardwood bark mulches
- Uniform, neutral color that showcases flowers and plants
- Retains moisture in the soil and around plants better than other mulches
- Does not harbor artillery fungus or termites
- Long lasting mulch that is easily spread
Mid-Atlantic Pine Straw Cares
Giving back to and preserving the environment is the foundation upon which our company was founded.
We are committed to continual natural resource conservation and stewardship of all lands. The pine straw you purchase is produced by The Longleaf Pine Tree (Pinus palustris). The Longleaf Pine once covered most of the southeastern United States from Florida to Virginia to Texas. This valuable tree provided the tar, pitch and turpentine, as well as the masts and timbers of the world’s sailing ships for over 200 years. Although reduced to less than 7% of its original range, The Longleaf Pine continues to produce the best and longest lasting pine straw mulch in the U.S. The more demand that we create for Longleaf Pine Straw Mulch, the more Longleaf Pine Trees are planted. In 2018, 2019 and 2020 through our partnership with the Longleaf Alliance, we donated 3,000 Longleaf seedlings to be planted.
We are the only known Pine Straw/Pine Needle company to supply the Mid-Atlantic, New England, Midwest and Canada that complies with Federal and State inspection guidelines regarding the shipping of nursery stock from the Southeastern U.S.
What our customers say
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Please add your e-mail address here for updates and announcements.
We respect your privacy and we won’t sell your e-mail address.