Benefits of Pine Straw Mulch
- Natural weed deterrent
- Adds a unique texture to any landscape design
- A natural product for trees and plants that is high in nitrogen and gradually decomposes into a fertilizer
- An environmental, conservation & ecology-minded mulch
- Insulates tender roots from temperature extremes
- Conserves soil moisture by reducing water evaporation rates and moisture loss
- Encourages water infiltration into the soil and reduces runoff
- Eliminates erosion impact caused by wind and rain
- Keeps some vegetables from forming mildew, mold, and rot
- Adheres well to slopes and does not wash away as easily as other mulches during heavy rain
- Does not have to be removed before new application
- Fresh straw can be placed atop old straw to revitalize color
- Preferred by landscapers and homeowners because bales are easier to work with than hardwood bark mulches
- Uniform, neutral color that showcases flowers and plants
- Retains moisture in the soil and around plants better than other mulches
- Does not harbor artillery fungus or termites
- Long lasting mulch that is easily spread
We are the only known Pine Straw/Pine Needle company to supply the Mid-Atlantic, New England, Midwest and Canada that complies with Federal and State inspection guidelines regarding the shipping of nursery stock from the Southeastern U.S.
What our customers say
August 14, 2022
YES! We started using pine straw this past year, while weeding end of the summer weeds, I found that it has made weeding so much easier than regular mulch. Such a beautiful way to keep your landscaping looking clean ! Definitely getting more😁
July 21, 2022
I have used Mid-Atlantic pine straw on multiple client installs. It looks great, is easy to spread and is weed free. I loved the final look of this beautiful pollinator garden- removing the weeds, putting down fabric and installing the pine straw gave the project the hard edge it needed to differentiate between weed and garden. Beautiful final result.
June 27, 2022
Love pine straw, looks great and easy to spread. Over the last couple of years I've been converting more mulch beds to pine straw. Quicker and easier on the back to put down. Highly recommend!
June 25, 2022
Did my entire yard mulch beds with pine straw mulch. On my 3rd 2400 square foot pallet. Look is amazing and it upgrades the property. I live in a million dollar home.
June 22, 2022
We lived in North Carolina and always loved the look of the pine straw. When we moved back north, it took us some time to find a local dealer. We love the look, and the service. I have used both pick-up and delivery options, both of which are priced accordingly. Highly recommend
June 22, 2022
This is our second year of ordering from Mid-Atlantic and we couldn’t be happier with the results! We weren’t sure how it would hold up given the weather here in PA, but It looked great through the winter and just needed a fresh-up in the spring. We ordered more bales to complete our side yard path. It looks amazing! Highly recommend! Thank you!
June 22, 2022
I have made two orders from Mid-Atlantic Pine Straw. Both transactions were perfect! One of the purchases was last minute, day of. I was able to purchase online and pick up within hours. The pine straw is packaged very well and it is easy to move and spread. I love the look vs. traditional mulch. Price point is reasonable too. I highly recomend this company and their high quality product!
July 29, 2021
I am very happy with the results of the pine straw mulch. Though light weight, this mulch has not washed out nor decomposed quickly like bark mulch. After many large storms, some dropping 4 inches of rain in an hour, the pine straw has stayed put. I will be ordering more next year. Plants can easily grow through it and weeding the beds is still easy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Please add your e-mail address here for updates and announcements.
We respect your privacy and we won’t sell your e-mail address.